Finding your way to Lincoln Square Zendo
On November 6, 2022, Ancient Dragon Zen Gate began holding regular Sunday morning and Monday evening programs and other dharma events at its new Lincoln Square Zendo, located at 2255 W Giddings Street – 1st Floor (backdoor entry), Chicago, IL 60625.
- BACKDOOR ENTRY: When you arrive at the venue, use the gangway on the right (west) side of the building to go around to the back of the building, where you can enter to the first floor space. Follow the string lights! A greeter will be near the back door to guide you into the venue and to make sure that you are checked in with proof of vaccination (see our COVID policy above).
- PARKING: Please DO NOT park on Giddings Street, out of respect for our neighbors. There is ample street parking on Lawrence and Western Avenues. If you arrive by bicycle, you will be able to park your bike in the garage of the venue – the backdoor greeter will direct you.
- PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION: The venue is easily accessible by public transit, via the Western Brown Line stop, the Lawrence (81) bus, the Western (49) bus, or the North Western bus (49B). The zendo is a block east of the brown line stop. Exit the Lawrence bus at Lawrence & Oakley, or exit the Western/North Western bus at Lawrence.
COVID protocol for In-Person Events (revised March 28, 2023)
- In-person attendance at Ancient Dragon events is limited to those who have been fully vaccinated against COVID, which means having received a booster vaccination at least ten days beforehand, or who are within one month of having become eligible to receive a booster vaccination. Attendees must provide proof of their vaccinations by means of a vaccination card or a photograph of their card. Records will be kept of persons who have provided proof of vaccination.
- Wearing a mask in the zendo is optional. Attendees should wash their hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer following arrival.
- Anyone exhibiting any COVID symptoms – fever, fatigue, congestion, sore throat, chest pain, difficulty breathing or loss of sense of smell or taste – should not attend in-person events. Ancient Dragon dharma talks will continue to be available online and will be recorded.
- Anyone who has received a positive COVID test or exhibited COVID symptoms should refrain from attending in-person events for at least ten days after receiving the positive test or first exhibiting the symptoms.
- Anyone who receives a positive COVID test or who exhibits COVID symptoms within ten days of attending an in-person event at Ancient Dragon should notify Ancient Dragon through its firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox as soon as possible, so that we may notify other attendees of their exposure to the virus. We will protect the confidentiality of the identity of anyone reporting a positive test or COVID symptoms.
- People are requested to not attend in person if (a) they have been in close contact for 15 minutes or more over a twenty-four hour period with anyone who has received a positive COVID test or exhibited symptoms of COVID during the previous week, or (b) if they have attended an event at which it is likely that someone was infected.
- It is suggested that attendees dress in layers, since windows in the zendo will be opened to ensure good ventilation, and the room may be cool.