New board member
– After the resignation of board member Fushin Susan Schoenbohm in April, the board elected Carol Ko Laursen to fulfill her 2-year term. Welcome Ko!
– Taigen will be offering a seminar on Dogen’s Being Time and view of temporality on June 19.
– Taigen’s vacation will be during the last week in July and first week in August, this summer.
– Upcoming outside speakers will include Hakusho Ostlund, Hozan Alan Senauke, Zenju Earthlyn Manuel, Siddhesh Mukerji, and Joan Amaral.
– Current bank balance $83,833
– Ongoing regular monthly expenses, approximately $4,350 per month
– 68 active supporters have given a total of $3,168 per month
New Practice Location Committee
– A survey is being developed that will ask members their preferences for the location of a new permanent practice space. Recognizing that a search and fundraising process for this will take some time, we will probably need an interim rental space for a period of time. The location of this rental facility will also be guided by member preferences as indicated in our survey. Taigen voiced his determination to continue with online participation when we move into a new space, to be combined with in-person attendance.